02.06.16
My final model completed with a working circuit. The circuit worked perfectly and despite some minor issues with soldering I had it connected up reasonably quickly. The switch component had really good tolerances and stayed in place as well as the LEDs which were held securely by the dividers I installed into each hole. The base design I chose to use was a variation of my preferred option where I cut the entire base in half. This meant I could have a symmetrical model and still slide the base over my installed circuit with ease.
Overall I'm really pleased with how the design came together. My pyramid shape was one of my first concepts but by continuing with this design I was able to almost perfect it. One of the strongest features of my design is the tolerances on the different connecting parts. This is something I struggled with in assignment 1 and it was satisfying to have all components of my model fit together securely with no additional fastening needed. The four LEDs operate exactly as intended with the tactile switch in the center of the base being pressed by the tip of the pyramid when upside down. The design really reflects my chosen piece of music and I look forward to showing it to some of the band members when I get the chance.
No comments:
Post a Comment