Tuesday, 24 May 2016

3D prints - prototypes

18.05.16

These are the first print trials I've done from my rhino models. It was useful to print these into physical forms and helped me to determine more of a direction to take with my music player. The 7 sided shape didn't appeal to me once it was printed, I had some issues with the tolerances of the connecting part and don't think that the overall design would be enhanced with a light feature or different material incorporated. I also think the shape was too wide and flat and failed to reflect my chosen piece of music. 

The pyramid print was really successful. The tolerances for the connecting part were really good and the top is able to clip into place both upright and upside down. This shape inspired me a lot and I think being able to turn the top part around is a feature I'd like to keep. I want to paint the shape black so that it looks plain and creates curiosity, this will also enhance the incorporated light feature when it turns on and brings the shape to life.





___________________________________________________________________



No comments:

Post a Comment