30.05.16
I decided to continue the pyramid design and develop it into a final model. This print was unsuccessful as one of the corners on the base lifted during the print. After some troubleshooting we determined that it was the printer as other students had similar issues when using it. Outside of that issue the print came out really well, I particularly like the black filament for this design and it has the aesthetic quality I was hoping to achieve. The tolerances were less successful than my first print of this design which I think is to do with the print settings in Cura. Some changes that I made were minor details including a button layout on the underside of the top and some holes in the base where the circuitry can go through to light the model. Another issue I faced was that the holes I included for my 3mm LEDs were slightly too big and the lights slipped back through, to remedy this I plan to include a divider so that the LED sits in place and each prong can go down either side of the hole to connect to the rest of the circuit.
No comments:
Post a Comment