Thursday, 19 May 2016

Lighting Tests

13.05.16


These are some tests I did with lighting. I experimented with different lights, materials and patterns to find what I thought was most effective for a music player. I also tried to recreate some of the techniques that are featured in the 'Give In' video. 




Circuit

After taking the circuit induction with Craig he helped me to design and troubleshoot a circuit setup that would achieve what I wanted to for my design. The circuit I've decided to use is composed of 4 LEDs, 2 resistors, a 12volt battery and a tactile switch. Initially the circuit failed to work because the resistors I was given were too strong but after another visit to Jaycar I had success. I chose to use red colored LEDs and wanted to include four of them to offer more light output in the final design. The tactile switch appealed to me because I want the design to be interacted with to be turned on and off. 

Sketch of circuit design


Circuit components - bought from Jaycar


Testing the circuit on a breadboard in Fablab

No comments:

Post a Comment