Monday, 18 April 2016

123D make

15.04.16

These are some trials I created using 123D make. I had some issues with my files because several of my solid shapes that I tried to import wouldn't work as laser cut models. The ones that did became original and helped me to view the designs differently. I've exported some plans that I plan to experiment with and laser cut from acrylic.

Example of using interlocked slices on one of my earlier Rhino models. I originally created this design using the revolve tool so applying this construction method completely changes the nature of the shape.



This is one of my earliest designs that I laser cut from MDF using interlocked joints so for this trial I experimented with the stacked slices tool.



After some adjusting and removing 2 of the slices from its second axis, I exported the plans for this design as a model with interlocked slices. It was originally a solid created on Rhino but I want to use the plans to laser cut the new design out of acrylic. I think experimenting with transparent material will advance my project a lot.



There were also some imported solid shapes I had created that were less successful in 123D make. I still found it useful trying different construction methods on the shapes to see potential for variations or improvements.




No comments:

Post a Comment