20.04.16
My final 3D print came out really well. I chose to do a slightly different design this time where the top of the model, as well as the base both have tapers. The first attempt at printing a similar design had several issues with it and although the form was in tact, the overall finish was lacking due to issues with settings and the temperature of the Ultimaker. For this job my print settings were altered slightly after some advice from other students:
The scale was 70x70x70mm
Layer height was 0.1 and shell thickness 0.8
Speed set to 50mm/s
Fill density at 15%
I added support to the base of the model to support the taper
and once again included a brim
This model was 46 grams and took just under 7 hours to print
This design has a much higher resolution and the finish is really clean and accurate. I've also designed plans on 123D make to laser cut from acrylic. This is a base made from 4 squares of acrylic with slots cut out of each layer to connect the TYPE model to it.
Base plate: Design & Plans

No comments:
Post a Comment