Wednesday, 13 April 2016

Rhino Modelling - Solids

12.04.16

These are some experiments I've completed in Rhino creating solid shapes. I've used several different techniques and my skills are developing with each new model I create. I've found these tests to be the most effective method of learning how to use Rhino and already have a better understanding of the various tools and features that the program has.

Experiment using a sphere with various star shapes punched through



3D trial based off mood board imagery. Shown in rendered and ghost viewpoints, I used the triangle shapes to both fill and remove space.




Experimenting with the revolve tool. This shape is inspired by my earlier laser cut models



Here I used the boolean difference tool to punch out letterforms from a 3-D polygon. The idea of using typography in this assignment is really appealing to me. 



Another experiment combining both extrusion and boolean difference with text.




No comments:

Post a Comment