Thursday, 14 April 2016

Solid Shapes cont.

14.04.16

I have made some more solid shapes on Rhino to progress further towards 3-D printing. The shapes are inspired by both my models and experiments so far and my original mood board imagery. A recurring theme in my models is the use of typographic elements in 3-D spaces. When moving onto 123D make and 3D printing, I plan to investigate the best methods for using and joining these letterforms in order to create something original and engaging.

Text punched through sphere shape using varied font sizes.



Based off my earlier laser cut model, for this experiment I merged the letterforms to one another. This was achieved by modifying the type to fit into an even square before arranging and extruding it.



Inspired by my laser cut design, this is one of my preferred models that I've created. I want to use this idea alongside my other themes and use the design to display typographic elements in a creative way.



This model was made using the 'extrude to a point' tool and boolean difference.It was inspired by my 'section' laser cut and combines it with the use of letterforms and perspective. The design is really engaging and the layers of text change as you move around it. Using the type this way makes for an interesting work and I had some positive feedback on this model in particular.



Another variation extruding different letterforms to the same point.









No comments:

Post a Comment